- Board Member
Sister Ellen Kron, Daughter of Charity, has been named Vice President of Community Health Ministries (CHMs) by Ascension Health, the parent organization of Sacred Heart Health System (SHHS). Sr. Ellen's office is based at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.
The CHMs are part of Ascension Health's Gulf/Florida region ministry market, which is under the oversight of Laura S. Kaiser, SHHS president/CEO, who serves as the ministry market leader for that region. The CHMs are:
• Centro San Vicente Community Health Center, El Paso, Texas;
• Daughters of Charity Services of Arkansas, Dumas and Gould, Ark.;
• Daughters of Charity Services of New Orleans, New Orleans, La.;
• Daughters of Charity Services of San Antonio, Texas; and
• Seton Center Family and Health Services, Kansas City, Mo.
Prior to assuming her new duties, Sr. Ellen had served for four years as sponsor liaison for the Daughters of Charity West Central Province, a member of the West Central Provincial Council, member of the Ascension Health Board of Trustees and as board chair for the Daughters of Charity Services of New Orleans. Sr. Ellen's experience includes serving as a missionary in Haiti and more than 15 years as COO/CFO for Marygrove, a residential social-services program in St. Louis, Mo